Halloween Villages

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:28 am

WOW MHooch! What an awesome job you've done, I just love it! That must have taken you a long time to build. You did such a wonderful job creating your village. Do you add a little to it every year? Nice camera work by the way. And I see you have a piece I plan to buy one of these day, the "Gothic Ruines" I just love that piece! I like how you created water. Do you leave yours up year round? I was planning on leaving mine up year round. Once I get themm set up I will try and get some pictures posted. By the way, do you prefer to be called MHooch, or just Hooch?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:43 am

Most of my friends here just call me Hooch :wink: . I had to buy an extra table last year, the thing just keeps growing. But it takes up a whole wall length in my living room, so we had to actually move furniture to accomodate it. And God love my husband, he is the workhorse, electrician, and chief setter upper, I am in charge of what goes where, and the more aesthetic end of things. Unless there is something really extraordinary out this year, I'd like to keep new purchases just to accent pieces. My favorite piece...well, I have two really...is the Monster's Ball, and the haunted cinema. The cinema is a Dept 56 piece, the rest is Lemax. But since the 2nd favorite thing (after Halloween) in my life is movies, I had to get it. It blends in just fine. And it plays the knife music from Psycho! 8) I just love my village, look forward to setting it up each year. Thank you for the lovely compliments on it. :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi Everyone, If you haven't already, be sure to check out this website's spookytown displays, people have posted their villages , and WOW there are some really incredible displays.
go here to find it: lemax-spookytown.com
and once there, up at the top click on "displays"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:31 pm

Hooch, you just gave me an idea! I think for my birthday this year I'll ask for gift certificates for Michael's Spooky Town stuff. My birthday is October 20th so that should work out well. WooHoo! I just won a piece I was biding on on ebay! Dept.56 Witch by the Light of the Moon :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:15 pm

Good for you, Dutchess...witches are one of my favorite Halloween themes. Some of my fav costumes have been witches, and I have quite a few decorations that feature witches. One of my Lemax pieces is called "Witches Lair" and has a little witch on a broom circling the top of the piece. Very cute.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:03 pm

Hi Hooch, Ya I love witch stuff, specally since I'm thought by people in this complex we moved into to be a witch, so I really ham it up when people are like that, besides I'll go along with it cause then its all the more power for me to leave my halloween yard stuff out, know what I mean :lol: I just love the pictures I saw of your place all done up, it looked awesome! Can hardly wait to see what you do for this year!
Oh Hooch, there are just way too many Lemax & some Dep56 retired pieces I just love, but oh my where do I put them all when I want to display them? Oh and there is a new 2007 Department 56 piece coming out, I'll find out the name of it for you again, and if I ever figure out how to post a picture I will,ttyl.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:03 pm

Hi Everyone, As I mentioned I'm just going to be starting my first village. I really like more of the Lemax Spookytown pieces, but I do like some of the dep56 as well. We have one little gift shop in town that carries villages and they only carry dep56, and they were having a good sale so I bought a bunch of my first pieces there. In the future I plan to buy a lot of the lemax pieces I want which I will have to go to the next town for to go to Michael's.
Here's what I bought for starters: Creepy Creek Carriage House, Black Cat Diner, Haunted Front Yard, Helga's House of Fortunes, Spooky Lite up Tree with Bats, Rock A Bye Vampire, Another Village Accessories set, Haunted Windmill, Spoky Tree with Crows.
Well that will be it until closer to Halloween.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:31 pm

Hi People, Here are some of the Lemax pieces I was thinking about getting one day. I know some are retiring, so as I can find them I'll try and get them. If you have any thoughts, advice, or comments on any of these, please feel free to let me know, thanks :)

Dragons Breath Costume Shop, Mystic Isabella's Psychic Readins, Greaves Manor, Black Cauldron Inn, Gargoyle Fence, Forsaken Cemeter Gate, Orange Lighted Moon, Gothic Ruins, Rest In Pieces Mausoleum, Dr.Stretch N Pulls Torture Factory.

Halloween 365 Days a Year!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:54 am

Go for Dr Stretch and Pulls...I have a friend that has that one and it is AWESOME! It is a chore to store and set up all those pieces. Like I said, we actually move furniture to accomodate the table(s) for the village. It is over 11 feet long. You learn to do what makes you happy, and my village makes me very happy! :D