Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee

List your Haunted Houses and Haunted Attractions. Please include the location, dates it is active, the web site and some descriptive text.
Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:04 am

There is a town in Macon County, Tennessee, called Red Boiling Springs. The county is on the border with Kentucky. For about a century, from the early 1800s to the early 1900s, it was a resort town for people who wished to take mineral waters and mineral baths for their health. At one time it had over twenty hotels, but now almost all of them are gone. Medical practices changed, and people with cars traveled farther afield for their vacations.

Yesterday I read an article about Red Boiling Springs in a little magazine distributed by our electric company, of.all things. The magazine focuses on Tennessee lore and natural attractions. Apparently there are still three hotels in operation at Red Boiling Springs, and visiting there is an opportunity to step back in time. You can go for a stay and sample the mineral waters, or you can just go to see the place and eat a meal in one of the hotels. It will feel as if you have time traveled a hundred years or more into the past.

What really caught my attention was the information about one of the three remaining hotels, the Thomas House, which opened in 1890. Apparently this hotel is supposed to be haunted by ghosts of various guests and workers who died there long ago. It is an attraction for ghost hunters from all over the world. According to the article, the Thomas House in Red Boiling Springs is supposed to be #2 on the list of most haunted places in the US. For comparison, Gettysburg. PA, is #5 on the same list.

Guess where I want to go this summer?

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:10 am

Make reservations now because it sounds as if it's standing room only.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:18 pm

Lol. I'd be very surprised if that were true. It would be nice for the folks in that town if it were, though.