Frustrated with cobwebs

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
allyoop
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Frustrated with cobwebs

Post by allyoop » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:52 pm

Okay, I couldn't help myself and have started decorating already. I've got my caution tape(from Home Depot) wrapping my door with the neat gummy bloody handprints(WalMart) by the handle. We live in an apartment so the deck and the door are my main areas of focus. I have been trying to master those silly cobwebs and am having a heck of a time. Does anyone have any tips or tricks they use to make them cooperate and look nice? Any help would be appreciated! By the way, I saw the cutest idea in Better Homes and Gardens. They use an old umbrella to make a chandelier, check it out!

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:36 pm

Hi allyoop,

You are not the only one frustrated with those polyester cobwebs. I hate them too. A couple of people posted suggestions for me in this thread. I have not tried the canned web stuff yet, but I intend to do so.

If you are stuck with the polyester crud, I recommend getting a friend to help you. What you do is twist it into one big rope and pull it as taut as you can. Then you can spread it pretty well... but lately the stuff just seems to tear.

Good luck and if you find a solution, please post it! :D :D
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:13 am

Hi allyoop, if you don't have rough surfaces to stick it to, try a little tape. And I have always found that less is more. The thinner you can stretch it the better it looks. It is a good idea to have another person helping, because then you can really stretch it out, and it does help to stretch it out between two people before you try putting it on anything. Hope it works out! :)

Evan
Vampire

Post by Evan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:56 pm

I usually don't bother with cobwebs. The main thing I do is decorate the curtains and any other fabrics with gore and such.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:34 am

Okay horror fans, I am going to let you all in on a little secret. This is what Knott's uses and while it doesn't look like a REAL spiderweb, it still looks damn cool. Check out this pic I found showing how it looks.

http://www.howloweenqueen.com/images/beefnetting.JPG

It is beef netting used by packing plants and you can buy it direct from many online websites. It is very durable and you can use it year after year. I love this stuff!!!
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:47 am

That is really cool looking!

ZOMBIES!!!
Zombie

Post by ZOMBIES!!! » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:01 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:Okay horror fans, I am going to let you all in on a little secret. This is what Knott's uses and while it doesn't look like a REAL spiderweb, it still looks damn cool. Check out this pic I found showing how it looks.

http://www.howloweenqueen.com/images/beefnetting.JPG

It is beef netting used by packing plants and you can buy it direct from many online websites. It is very durable and you can use it year after year. I love this stuff!!!
Thank you. I have been looking for that but I wasn't sure of the name. Someone told me it was called "Beef Tubing," but i couldn't find anything with that. Beef Netting worked. I got about 8 yards of it off ebay. I can't wait.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:29 pm

I thought that looked like a piece of museum artwork.

What exactly is Beef Tubing?? It sounds kind of gross.

Is it something that has animals products in it?

ZOMBIES!!!
Zombie

Post by ZOMBIES!!! » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:19 am

Spooky wrote:I thought that looked like a piece of museum artwork.

What exactly is Beef Tubing?? It sounds kind of gross.

Is it something that has animals products in it?
It is something you put beef in. It doesn't come with beef. It would probably work just as well though if beef came included.

pattie
Ghost

Post by pattie » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:20 pm

I'm also looking at a way to cover my 2 story house in cobwebs...nothing cutzy here...I want down right real looking cobwebs. I have the fog machine, stobe lights, and loud loud scary noises...I just can't figure out the cobwebs...help!!!! Any other great scary ideas would be appreciate. We house treak or treat at night and I love that the kids won't even walk to the door to get their candy - but I do have a witch on sidewalk that still gives those kids their treat.

empresstrahan
Zombie

Post by empresstrahan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:36 pm

I sure do hate to bring up old threads, but, I kinda need to know if anyone can remember how to do the Umbrella Chandelier that Better Homes and Gardens talked about, because I can't find the instructions anywhere....Can anyone Help me?!? Please and Thank You!
Do not follow where the path may lead, instead, go where there is no path, and leave a trail.

empresstrahan
Zombie

A little help please?

Post by empresstrahan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:58 pm

I sure do hate to bring up old threads, but, I kinda need to know if anyone can remember how to do the Umbrella Chandelier that Better Homes and Gardens talked about, because I can't find the instructions anywhere....Can anyone Help me?!? Please and Thank You!
Do not follow where the path may lead, instead, go where there is no path, and leave a trail.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:02 am

Ok, so I actually put up one spiderweb today, and now I read on the on-line weather channel that starting tomorrow right through till Friday at least they are calling for nothing but rain,ug! Does anyone know how well that cobweb stuff holds up in the rain, did I just waste my time today?

empresstrahan
Zombie

Post by empresstrahan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:12 am

I am pretty sure that they will be ok. I know that they are just like cotton balls, so when they get saturated, they may swell a little, or even sag some, but I think you'll be ok.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:09 am

Hey empresstrahan, Thanks so much for letting me know :D It started raining here this morning and is suppose to rain at least until Friday.