Hi y'all!!

Introduce yourself and talk about other things, that do not fit elsewhere...but are hurricane related.
MandiAltman
Which is the largest number?: 10992

Hi y'all!!

Postby MandiAltman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:00 pm

My name is Mandi, 33, from Myrtle Beach, SC. I moved down here with my family when I was 11 years old. Less then a year later I experienced my first Hurricane...HUGO!! Since then I have never evacuated for a storm. I used to be able to name all the storms that I've been through but now they're all just a vauge memory. I used to LOVE hurricanes. When I was a kid I would pray for the storms to hit us. They sometimes made me a little nervous, but that was part of the thrill. I just found them so exciting...and being able to take some days off of school was a plus too! Now...I can't lie...there is still a part of me that would LOVE to see another Hurricane...but nothing more then a moderate cat 2. The responsable adult in me says...now that we've got a kid we better not take any chances. But we live well out of the manditory evacuation zone...so we'll just see what happens.

I can't wait to see how this season plays out! The last Hurricane we had was the second landfall of Hurricane Charley in 2004...and he was only a minimal cat 1. So many people say we're long passed due...and with the busy season that is being predicted...
In the past few years tracking these storms has become a hobby of mine...almost an obsession.

That being said...I pray that everybody is safe during this hurricane season. I love hurricanes but I hate the damage they cause. I don't like to see death tolls and people made homeless because of these storms.

vampire3

Re: Hi y'all!!

Postby vampire3 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Hey everyone,
I live in L. A. CA. Been here all my life. Have never expeienced hurricane, but, experience with earthquakes.
:roll:

Littlejenny

Re: Hi y'all!!

Postby Littlejenny » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:45 pm

hi there, I'm jenny, have just move to Japan .... I think no place in the world can compare with this one, how terrible the earthshake is

Return to “Intro And General Discussion”