favorite halloween cartoon

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

favorite halloween cartoon

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:58 pm

I was looking over my collection of dvds and I pulled out Garfields Halloween and I thought man this is my favorite carton of all time, what is yours?

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:52 am

Disney used to have a "Disney Halloween" they aored every Halloween in the 80s. I remember their take on "The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow", and they had a bunch of little skits and stuff. I don't remember much else because I don't think they show it anymore. One thing I do recall is at the veru end of the show there was a jack-o-lantern that saod "Boo!". Oh how I miss the Disney Halloween. :(

Chat Noir
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Chat Noir » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:09 pm

for me, hands down, it's "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". Everytime I watch it, I'm 8 years old again. I love it.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:55 pm

i remember both og those I also like most of the halloween specials on tv as well.

OPTIDONN
Zombie

Post by OPTIDONN » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:00 pm

HALLOWEEN TREE!!!! I think that alot of childrens cartoons really capture the Halloween spirit.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:41 pm

that one is a good one
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:31 am

LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW was IT when I was growing up..that was pretty freaky for any kid..GREAT PUMPKIN is always funny ya gotta feel for Linus, sleeping in pumpkin patch..Garfield is great, and I wish that Opus had come out with a Halloween special the way they did for Christmas..
Speaking of which..
Remember those Rankin/Bass Christmas specials? You know, RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER, stuff like that, done with live action puppets?? Well, they did one for Halloween. MAD MONSTER PARTY..up here it played in theatres..the whole thing was done in the 60's, with Boris Karloff in the lead, and you get ALL the Universal Monsters in ONE PLACE..you have PHYLLIS DILLER as Karloff's wife, I think, and a whole WACK of humor that is more suited for ADULTS, or older children..(not nasty, mind you, just..well, the writer was from MAD magazine, does that help??) For whatever reason, the show has been forgotten and you can usually buy a copy for a song these days...they re-released it a year or two ago
Short cartoons: Betty Boop's Halloween Party...very cool, and the colorized version has the pumpkins in GREEN, because the Japanese colorizers didn't KNOW about pumpkis.
Also check out MICKEY MEETS DR. XXX...usually turns up on Grampa's Silly Scaries tape..this is a B&W cartoon that Disney would rather you forget about...Pluto is kidnapped by a rubber gloved doc who wants to do experiments..Mickey resuces him, but not after some pretty scary stuff goes down..you get the traditional 'it's okay, it's only a dream' ending..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:25 pm

i loved disney halloween. i wish i could get a copy w/out paying an outragious amount on e-bay or amazon.

i also loved the worst witch and mr. boogety
trick or treat

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:31 pm

Do they even show Disney Halloween anymore? I miss it, watched it every year!

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:36 pm

Okay, someone told me that you can buy it on ebay for like a kajillion bucks in VHS...the story is that it and the Christmas specials were all put out back in the 80's, in those big honken' clam shells...I have a collection of the halloween cartoons, along with Mr. Toad/Ichabod tape..but I figure the Ichabod tape has GOT to be copy guarded...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:06 am

we should all write to disney to put them on dvd
trick or treat

gator67
Zombie

Post by gator67 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:39 pm

How about "Fat Albert's Halloween Special" ?

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:57 pm

I havent seen that one. I bought the cartoon networks creepy classics and sponge bob halloween those are pretty good.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Sheila
Zombie

Post by Sheila » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:24 pm

I am so glad other people miss Disney's Halloween! I loved that as a kid and I have been searching for it for years. Halloween doesn't feel right without it.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:31 am

I love all the Specials mentioned. I don't remember the Fat Albert one though... Anyway Halloween time of year is great for the kids networks. I am use to cartoons and kid show through the year anyway but I am glad that mostly allt he kids networks show Halloween specials all day long for like two weeks before Halloween. They stick with the regular schduled programs but have the Halloween episodes and I could watch 24/7. Its great. I do have the Disney specials on VHS from a yard sale about 5 years ago. It is old but still in the case and stuff. Its not like it had been re released but I watch it every year....Hocus Pocus is a good one too and the Mr. Boogadey ones I have taped.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again