Halloween / Horror Collecting

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:17 am

I will buy anything halloween. I found an old tape and a halloween streamer at a garage sale.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LawP » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:34 pm

I started with a few window clings and a cardboard skeleton. I guess you could say I sploded, Lucy! :shock: I did manage to purge my earlier decorations in favor of more collectible items. I'm not into gore and I too love Jim Shore - I have two witches from his collection and they're up all year long. My Halloween stuff is a mixed bag but I love it all! :D
Don't drink and fly...

Dr Strange

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:16 pm

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

My birthday is almost here and my wife just told me she found the Sideshow 12" Frederic March as Mr. Hyde and it is on its way!

Woo-hoo.

That's the one I've been looking for. With the exception of the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Mr. Hyde is the hardest Sideshow Classic Monster figure to find. Ebay has the only other one I can find anywhere online and it is already going for almost $80! I'm getting mine for less than the amount Sideshow originally offered it on their site.
I know I'm just gloating but man am I jazzed about this. There are others I'd like to get down the line, and as time passes they disappear more and more, but I couldn't be happier!

Happy Birthday and Halloween to me!

Dr Strange

An American Werewolf in London Figures Box Set

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:22 am

Forgive me if this is old news but some nice looking figures from SOTA are coming out this December for possibly the best werewolf movie ever made.

http://www.sotatoys.com/itemdetails.htm ... cts_id=99#

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:40 am

I am a little picky about my decorations, since my boxes are splitting at the seams, I am trying to go for more non-traditonal Halloween items, especially at the flea market. So rather then picking up ghosts and pumpkins, I have been buying old looking bowls, goblets, treapots etc. Stuff that looks old and creepy that can fill in around all my other Halloween decorations. I am trying to collect stuff that I can eventually display year round and just have an old, creepy, but not gorey, theme for my home. It’s a process since I don’t have the money to buy everything I want right now, but hopefully soon I will have enough. Plus it makes it more fun to dig through stuff at the flea market when you are looking for those types of items. But of course I go overboard with the Lemax houses, especially considering I currently have no room for anymore!! So I guess I try to be more choosey with my decorations, with the only exception being if it’s 90% off, then I will buy anything! LOL

Rachel

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:04 pm

Hello Athenagwis, I don't think I've ever introduced myself to you? Well Hello & welcome if I haven't :D Yes, I too am quite picky about my decorations, I like everything to flow in my home, and I love themes, So I can relate to your feelings on this matter. I always feel that we should buy what we love, what speaks to our heart & what feeds our soul or spirit so to speak, only then will we create a positive tranquil feeling from that which surrounds us.

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi! And thanks for introducing yourself, I am a huge Haloween enthusiast, I stumbled on this site alst year, and remembered it was here when I went to Michael's the other day!! I am so happy to share my love for Halloween with you guys! In fact I stumbled on some pretty cool sites for creating my own decorations, which I am very excited about!! I am glad everyone shares so much here!

Rachel

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:30 pm

Yes, welcome.....people around here have a lot of fun with this stuff...they celebrate it, collect it, build their own decorations and costumes and things. Very creative folks here...!

Dr Strange

Woo-hoo!

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:47 am

The birthday was yesterday and on top of the Sideshow Frederic March Mr Hyde, and the Frankenstein shirt from Fright-Rags, and the Frankenstein Air Force stripes (Staff Sergeant stripes even, my old rank!) from Monster Squad Records, they told me a Sideshow Silver Screen Boris Karloff Frankenstein is on its way. Man I was surprised!

When it gets here I'll have to post a pic of my monster collection, it will have the Wolf Man, Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein, all 3 Mezco King Kong variants, Ultimate Ghost Rider and my Wolf Man bobble head.

I have a few horror/monster/sci-fi figures in the 6-7" range but I'm slowly weeding those out in favor of the larger figures in the 12" range. In that line I've got a Green Goblin (classic version), Abe Sapien, Spy Girl from Mars Attacks (the first figure my wife ever bought me), Creatures of the Night Gene Simmons, Davy Jones and Cursed Pirate from POTC, and a customized Sammy Terry I made from a Smallville Lex Luthor.

I have since fallen in love with the Classic and Modern Horror figures from Sideshow and will probably stick with those from now on.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:37 am

:?:
Last edited by Dr Strange on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:14 pm

With all those figures, you can have your own monster mash. Amazing detail in those faces considering the size. In the photos of Mr. Hyde and Frankenstein's Monster, I though I was looking at a full-size mask.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:01 pm

My pleasure! Sideshow toys are amazing in the detail they can achievein a 12" figure. I recommend them to everyone.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:13 pm

Hey Dr.Strange, Belated happy birthday :D Those figures are really amazing, the detail on them is wicked! :twisted: Isn't it great when family get you what you want regardless if it isn't thir style. Your family really seems to shop "for you" on your birthday and thats great!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:37 pm

Thanks for sharing the pics, your figures are FABULOUS!! I, too love the Universal Monsters, they are my favorite Halloween movie fare, even today. Nice to see a grown man enjoy some real "toys" :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus