I was age-

I was dressed up as-

I remember getting this in my trick or treat bag-

Before going trick or treating I-

I remember while trick or treating this happened-

After trick or treating I-

Shows I remember watching on or around Halloween were-

I was so happy because-
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun May 06, 2007 8:45 pm

My best Halloween as a child....

The year was....1974 or 75? or thereabouts.

I was age 6 or 7.

I was dressed up as...oh, probably a horrible green monster!

I remember getting this in my trick or treat bag...Little Snickers bars.

Before going trick or treating I...hmm, don't remember!

I remember while trick or treating this happened...nothing in particular, but I noticed that many of the houses were REALLY DARK and many had orange or amber lighting inside the house, to make it spookier when the door opened.

After trick or treating I...probably ate some candy and passed out!

Shows I remember watching on or around Halloween were...It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! and also Horror of Dracula, which was VERY SCARY at the time.

I was so happy because...of Halloween! The once-a-year celebration of the weird, the macabre, the id.

Big_Guh
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Big_Guh » Mon May 07, 2007 12:11 am

The year was.. 1988 or so.

I was age 6 or 7.

I was dressed up as.... I wore a University of Virginia Cavalier mascot costume to my grandparents house and a classic wolfman costume to TOT in. (I wanted something scarier for the actual trick or treating)

I remember getting this in my trick or treat bag...candy apples and Twizzler type things.

Before going trick or treating I watched John Carpenter's Halloween with my older brothers. It was petrifying at the time, but perfect for the Halloween spirit.

I remember while trick or treating this happened...being intoxicated with the crisp autumn air and the glimmering of jack o latern's glaring from porches. Also, I remember my costume was very scratchy.

After trick or treating I...sorted through my candy and my mom insisted on taking more pictures of me by our scarecrows and jack o laterns.

Shows I remember watching on or around Halloween were...Halloween, Halloween 2 (my parents didn't know about this. My brothers were bad influences! :D )

I was so happy because...I got to dress up in two different costumes and run around my neighborhood asking for candy. Most of all, I remember I was very relieved that it didn't rain. As I recall the weather forcast was calling for significant showers, but they never came. How I remember this I have no clue. :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon May 07, 2007 12:14 am

My best Halloween as a child...

The year was...1960

I was age 8.

I was dressed up as...a little chinese girl...my hair was straight and dark, cut in a "bob", I had a little red quilted satin jacket, black pants, little black fabric shoes, and my mom put eye makeup and red lipstick on me :D She called me her "China Doll."

I remember getting this in my TOT bag...Bazooka bubble gum!

Before going TOTing I...carved a pumpkin.

I remember while TOTing...my folks let me go out with the neighborhood kids at my grandmothers, no grownups!! We were so excited...and SO SCARED!!! :lol: Tons of fun!!

After TOTing...I counted my goodies.

Shows I remember watching around Halloween...Universal monster flicks on "Creature Feature"...Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Bride of Frankenstein..

I was so happy because...it was the first time I got to go out without my mom, just a bunch of us kids. It was perfect...dark, windy, leaves crunching under our feet, the familiar neighborhood looking quite different at night. I remember how the wind smelled, crisp and fresh, and how my heart beat so fast as we ran from house to house, cutting across the lawns. We weren't allowed to cross the street, but the block was huge, and we thought we were big stuff! :lol: For all I know our parents followed us, I'll have to ask my mom!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon May 07, 2007 1:27 am

Fill out the form

The year was- 1987

I was age- 11

I was dressed up as- Dracula

I remember getting this in my trick or treat bag- Pal Bubblegum, suckers and those p[eanut butter treats in black and orange wrapping.

Before going trick or treating I- Went out with my sister and we stuck rotten eggs in the mail boxes of mean neighbors. We also found a lost cat and another neighbor took him in.

I remember while trick or treating this happened- One of the remaining rotten eggs popped in my sisters jacket pocket.

After trick or treating I- Divied up the candy and traded candy with my sister

Shows I remember watching on or around Halloween were- The Midnight Hour, a mid 80's made for TV movie about teens unlocking a curse which set monsters loose on Pitchford Cove.

I was so happy because- Even though we were poor and very hard off that year, we had a wonderful Halloween.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Mon May 07, 2007 1:54 am

The year was-

I was age-

I was dressed up as-

I remember getting this in my trick or treat bag-

Before going trick or treating I-

I remember while trick or treating this happened-

After trick or treating I-

Shows I remember watching on or around Halloween were-

I was so happy because-

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I don't want sympathy. But I can't answer most of these. I've had several major trauma's in my life. And my childhood has been pretty much wiped from my memory. I can remember bits and pieces. I know I've always loved Halloween and I've always dressed up. But for the most part it's gone. I'm lucky I can remember the haunted houses I've done, but I have problems even with recent events now too. So I take a lot of pictures now. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon May 07, 2007 3:15 am

I understand Deadbride and don't feel bad. Instead of filling out the form, for your part, share your most favorite Halloween pictures with us.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue May 08, 2007 12:47 am

deadbride: well, sweetie, look at it this way...you get to fill in with anything that makes you happy, let your imagination run wild!! Don't ever feel obligated to post to a certain topic, and thanks for trusting us enough to share. **Hooch hugs deadbride**